- I have to be honest about something.
I'm realizing I don't really want to run a social media site at this point, where people are going to post videos, memes, stuff that is just distracting, annoying, or whatever.
I'm moving my writing to https://questiontruth.substack.com to simplify things. Once I finish the work, this website will redirect there and I'll send an email announcement so the few members can be informed of new articles.
Folks will still be able to comment on my posts without creating new posts within them. This will allow me to concentrate on what I write and still be able to respond to comments.0 Комментарии 0 Поделились
- I've decided to rename this website "Question Truth!". There is such vitriol when questioning people's notion of various truths, especially biblical truth (but I'll be moving on to other topics too such as climate change, vaccines, politics, health and diet, etc.)
I'm moving on from community building due to lack of participation and to more of an (anonymous now!) private blog article repository with social media features for those who want to comment and discuss on my observations.
- It has been quite some time since anything has been posted here. I've basically arrived at my conclusions about Israelite/Samaritan faith, (although I reserve the ability to change as new information becomes available.)
Now it's important for me to focus on my business in these trying times, and because nobody really expresses much interest in an actual community, I'm thinking about reworking this website.
If you care about community, I'm open for dialog. I'd prefer to see a flourishing neo-Samaritan community, but I can't do everything myself.
If I don't hear enough interest in community, it's not as if I'll shut this site down. I might just tweak it in a few ways:
1. Rename it as a personal site with blogs articles that exist now, and more content about my own personal view on things like Technology, Politics & Encroaching Tyranny, Vaccines/Big Pharma (Anti).
2. Any membership interest would be welcome at the point (no longer simply neo-Samaritan folk but anyone who wants to comment on blog articles, etc.)
That's what I'm thinking over currently at least! Let me know if you have any thoughts.
0 Комментарии 0 Поделились
- Welcome Joshua Hamm to B’nei Moshe! Josh lives in Ecuador and embraces the Samaritan tradition.
I forgot to ask how you found us?Welcome [Josh2004194] to B’nei Moshe! Josh lives in Ecuador and embraces the Samaritan tradition. I forgot to ask how you found us?
- I've recently realized that I failed to provide information for the new year in a timely manner! I plan to provide the corrected Samaritan calendar later today. I apologize for this delay!
Update: I may not be able to calculate the entire calendar today, but I can provide the beginning of the year and passover dates:
First day of the year: March 20, 2023 (sundown)
Passover (Pesach): on April 2, 2023 (at twilight)
Feast of Unleavened Bread (Chag HaMatzot): April 3 - 9, 2023 (begins and ends at sundown.)
This year we (B'nei Moshe members) will be a month earlier than the erroneous Samaritan calendar which fixed the vernal equinox to March 25th, failing to take into account the drift of the vernal equinox earlier over the years (albeit very slowly.) Nowadays the vernal equinox falls between March 20th and 21st, and for this reason we begin the year at the first new moon after the true vernal equinox.
See https://bneimoshe.com/blogs/20/The-Hebrew-Calendar for more details.
- We've had a rough few years now, and the world seems to be changing in crazy and unbelievable ways. I'm going to offer a few polls to ask questions about peoples' perspectives.
I wonder if certain extra-Torah philosophies are close matches within this small group or not. I think there are certain stances we might want to embrace as a group and encourage to be part of this community.
If we differ widely, that's okay! I'm just wondering if there are sentiments among us that are similar and might become a part of a community's "platform" before we try to build a membership.
Let's begin with a possible controversial poll about Covid-19 vaccines and others:16 Комментарии 0 Поделились
- We're now down to a lean, mean 16 members in B'nei Moshe.
The numbers are now about a quarter or less than the highest member count previously, but we're now aligned with the (corrected) Samaritan calendar.
I will be working on the next Hebrew calendar soon! I've just looked up the vernal equinox, and this year the beginning is so close to the VE. In fact the new moon happens at 7:23 PM, while sundown is at 5:50 PM, so the official start of the new year begin at sundown on March 21st, 2023.
I hope to calculate the Neo-Samaritan calendar this coming weekend.
I've not been very active on the site for a bit, but I'll begin seeking new members and marketing the website os encourage new members in the near future.
My business has been consuming much of my time, which I'm working to streamline so I can focus on this more.3 Комментарии 0 Поделились
- Sukkot begins at sunset this evening, from Sunday October 9th through the 16th. The first and last days are rest days, along with Shabbat on the 15th.